High five if you got the Flying Spaghetti Monster reference.
Now, on to the noodle salad!
This makes a LOT. I'm going to a potluck, so I needed a good amount.
* 1 package extra firm tofu, pressed, dried, cut into cubes
* oil for frying
* 1 cup shredded carrot
* 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
* 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut into small-ish pieces
* 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
* 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into strips
* 1 16-oz. box angel hair pasta
* 1/3 cup lite soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
Put the garlic and ginger in a food processor and pulse until chopped. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse to combine.
Cook the pasta until just al dente. Drain. I rinsed mine a bit, but you don't have to.
If you are using the tofu (and you can certainly leave it out), deep fry in oil until cubes are crispy and golden. Drain on paper towels.
In a very large bowl, combine the vegetables, pasta, and tofu. Toss with the dressing.
Optional: Add a tablespoon or two of furikake (Japanese rice seasoning). There are many varieties available. I used one with toasted sesame seeds in with the seaweed.
Feel free to use gluten-free pasta.