Friday, September 23, 2011
Foods of Gemini
Gemini is the third sign of the Zodiac. It is ruled by Mercury. Geminis can be versatile, witty, communicative, eloquent, lively and witty. They can also be tense, inconsistent, or superficial.
Foods for Geminis include: almonds, beans, caraway seeds, celery, fennel, mulberry, mung sprouts, pecans, pistachios, pomegranate, fennel, chervil, dill, parsley, peppermint, black pepper, and turmeric.
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons ground pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• 1 poundsfresh fennel bulbs, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1/2 pound celery, thinly sliced
Mix the first six ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add fennel and celery and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving. Toss again before serving.
Recipe adapted from www.epicurious.com